Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Seriously?!? The IRS Withholds Less!

It's been a little over a month since I've returned home, only to find my 4-year-old son has backtracked his way down the poop chute to square one. Okay, square 2. For more than 30 days, he's refused to have a bowel movement voluntarily. This single milestone, potty training, has evaded success in this house for nearing a year to date.

Don't get me wrong...I've successfully potty trained before. My daughter, who, at 7, is proving that she came to Earth a ripe 17 years-of-mind, literally hopped onto the potty, chucked her Pull-Ups, and started school. All at the tender age of 2 (12, in "her" years). And, well, I'm quite skilled at potty usage. So, that's at least 2 people I've potty-trained.

However, THIS kid here...different story. Everyone has always said to me "potty training boys is MUCH harder than girls". That's the understatement of the year.

The last 12+ months have led me to create this blog. Here, lucky readers will find out about everything they've never wanted to know. Things like, what IS the difference between a laxative and a stool softener? Is leaky discharge considered a "bowel movement"? Suppositories VS. Enemas: The Showdown. Yessir, "The Poop Scoop".

Come, join the fun. Feel free to add to the discussion. I know for a fact that I'm not the only parent trying to figure out a path to success, without totally fudging up my kid psychologically during the (lengthy) process. Potty training is a shitty job. Let's do it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment